CALL FOR PAPERS.
- Sokoto Energy Research Center,Energy Commission of Nigeria, Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto.
- Centre for Sustainable Built Environment, Faculty of Environment Sciences,Federal University, Birnin Kebbi.
- Faculty of Engineering, Kebbi State University of Science and Technology Aliero – Nigeria Cordially invites Abstracts and Full Paper submissions to the:
3rdAfrica Biennual International Renewable Energy Conference (Solar Africa 2018)
VENUE: Auditorium, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
DATE: 8th-10th October, 2018.
THEME: RENEWABLE ENERGY PROMOTION FOR THE ATTAINMENT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS.
Solar Photovoltaic’s Technologies for Rural and Urban Applications.
Solar Thermal Technologies for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Applications.
Wind Energy and Small Hydro Technologies for Power Generation.
Biomass Conversion System and Technologies.
Energy, Policy, Planning, Economics and Financing.
Eco-Buildings, Green Architecture & Sustainable Built Environment.
Renewable Energy Data, Climate Change and Environmental Issues
Geothermal and Emerging Renewable Energy Technologies.
Energy Auditing, Efficiency, and Storage.
Hybrid Power Plants, Smart Grid and Network Integration.
1.0 INTRODUCTION: Energy is one of the crucial inputs of socio-economic development. Hence the United Nations (UN) launched the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) programme with its main objectives as follows;
a. Universal Energy Access.
b. Renewable Energy and
c. Energy Efficiency.
The Organising Committee of the Third Africa Biennial International Renewable Energy Conference is calling for Abstracts and papers on the theme and sub-themes at the listed above.
2.0 FOR WHOM INTENDED: The Conference is opened to Engineers, Scientists, Environmentalists, Planners, Policy Makers, Academics and other Stakeholders across the Globe.
3.0 PUBLICATION: Papers presented would be published in the conference book of proceedings and subsequently undergo peer review for publication in the Nigerian Journal for Renewable Energy (NJRE) ISSN 1115-0610. Abstracts to be submitted in 12- font size, and not more than one A4 size Paper.
Full paper should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format typed with Time New Roman 12 font size and should not exceed 10 (1.5 space) typed pages on A4 Paper. The Referencing should conform to American Publication System – Author’s Surname Initial, date, title of Publication and Publishers.
4.0 REGISTRATION: Registration fees per participant.
National –N20,000.00 International -$100 (USD) Students – N 10,000.00.
5.0 EXHIBITION STANDS AND ADVERTS: Exhibition stand space at a cost of N50, 000:00 would be provided for interested organisations and firms to showcase their products and services at the conference venue. Interested Companies should please contact the Organising committee secretariat for further details.
5.1 CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP
6.0 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Last Date of submission of abstracts: 30th August, 2018 maximum of 250 words and 5 keywords to be submitted electronically emphasis is given to full paper submissions.
Notification of Abstract’s acceptance:Within two weeks of abstract receipt.
Full Paper Submission: Not later than by 30th September, 2018.
7.0 FURTHER INFORMATION: Please contact the conference official website: www.solarafrica.udusok.edu.ng or any of the following organizing committee members:
1. Prof. A. S. Sambo OON,NPOM. ((UDUS) Chairman Organising Committee)email@example.com
2. Prof. Musa Momoh Chairman TechnicalCommittee) firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Ahmed Isah Chafe. ((UDUS) Chairman Information and Publicity Committee) email@example.com
4. Dr. Samaila Buda Organising Secretarybudasamaila@gmail.com
5. Dr. M. M. Garba (UDUS)Cofirstname.lastname@example.org
8.0 LIST OF SOME HOTELS IN SOKOTO AND THEIR RATES
1. Sokoto Hotel: Kano Road Sokoto Rates: N8,000-N12, 600.
2. Giginya Coral Shukura Hotel. Kano Road Sokoto, Rates N15,200-N20,500.
3. Dankane Guest Inn: Garba Duba Road Sokoto. Rates N15,200-N20,500.
4. Sokoto Guest Inn: Garba Duba Road, Sokoto. Rates N9,500-N14,000.
5. University Guest Inn: No.1 Gidado Road, Mabera Area Sokoto. Rates N4,500-N6,500.
6. Grand Ibro International Hotel Sokoto N8,000-N24, 600.
9.0 SPONSORS: ECN, SERC, FUB, FUG,WSSET, etc.