Presently, the Unit consists of three sections namely;
1. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
2. Library and
3. Audio Visual
The Unit is therefore not only responsible for the provision of internet connection for worldwide collaboration and access to informational resources, it is also to provides access to available automated Library systems such as e-books, e-journals and cataloguing system as well as creating a Repository of all the activities of the Centre ranging from Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Pilot and demonstrating Projects, etc. in digital form for easy archiving of the resources
The unit is also charged with the responsibility of providing enhanced teaching, learning, research and development in the area of Renewable Energy through the use available and sustainable ICT resources.
The Unit is also charged with the following responsibilities:
- Provision of necessary information for effective communication at all levels.
- Access to networks/internet for collaborative research activities.
- Training of staff on the use of ICT for effective research
- Development of digital platform and Data management system for
archiving of e-resources for research out put.
- Maintaining and Provision of Hardware/Software for better research.
Management Staff Of SERC ICT/LIBRARY UNIT
Below are photographs of ICT equipment and facilities installed at the Centre: